What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Would you rather your forum grow fast or slow?

Shortie

Dedicated Member

I have been running forums since 2005 with my most successful forum running from 2009 - 2017 when I chose to close it after the hosting price increased and I chose to move to try other things.

Back when I first started building forums, I used to want my forums to grow fast and I would get frustrated when hey did not. I have now learned that your forums should grow slowly over time rather than fast.

Would you rather your forum grow fast or slow?

I won’t really care as long as I have people happy.

Having been a part of various online communities, I’ve seen forums grow at different paces, and each has its charm.

I’m in the camp that believes slow and steady wins the race. It allows for deeper connections and more meaningful conversations. It’s also easier to manage and moderate the community, ensuring that the forum maintains its core values and atmosphere.

On the flip side, fast growth can be thrilling! It brings in a diversity of opinions and keeps things lively. It also means that the forum is reaching more people, which can be fantastic for spreading ideas and fostering a larger community.

Ultimately, whether a forum grows quickly or slowly, what matters most is the community spirit and the value it brings to its members.

I'm not interested in mine having a large userbase at all, I just wish I could improve the demographics a bit by having a better representation of the different regions of the world, and more female participation. If I look at actual rations, for my type of forum, I can't really complain, but in absolute numbers it's not that good yet.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom