What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Worst Sequels/Prequels

MrMetroid

Platinum Member

We all know that sometimes movies have horrible Sequels or Prequels but wat are the worst you've seen.

Mine is Fox and the hound 2. The first one is my favorite movie of all time but the sequel is absolutely AWFUL.

Twilight is the worst prequel to New Moon. Not that I like any of them.

Dragon_of_Darkness said:
Twilight is the worst prequel to New Moon. Not that I like any of them.

Twilight isn't New Moon's prequel - it's a predecessor, since it was made before New Moon (which is its sequel).

Shrek the Third was the worst Shrek and I am pretty sure Shrek 4 is gonna be horrible too

I have to say Die Hard sequels sucked real bad
tongue.gif

any Sequels/Prequels are worsts, they need to leave originals alone

If you allow the exception of Godfather II, which is often on lists of the best movies of all time, and maybe Rocky 2 which finished the story of 1, I'd agree with you.

Let me see, Coming to America 2. Not like Basic Instinct was any good but that sequel, just awful. Independence Day: Resurgence. Scary Movie 3 and the rest that followed. The Matrix Resurrections. Terminator 3.

Terminator 3.
I think any Terminator film not made by James Cameron isn't canonical. Cameron made the first 2 films and TDF. T-3 was a chore to watch and it didn't vibe at all with the first 2. I felt Terminator Dark Fate was a true sequel. It was Cameron's story on what happened after his first 2 films. I thought it was gold despite all of the hate it gets from fans.

Hm... I don't know much about prequels/sequels in regards to movies/tv shows, mostly just spin-offs... Unless multiple seasons of an anime/show count? But even then... I only really know spin-offs.

I think any Terminator film not made by James Cameron isn't canonical. Cameron made the first 2 films and TDF. T-3 was a chore to watch and it didn't vibe at all with the first 2. I felt Terminator Dark Fate was a true sequel. It was Cameron's story on what happened after his first 2 films. I thought it was gold despite all of the hate it gets from fans.
I hated T3 so much. I just didn't like the story of Dark Fate given T1 and T2 but what can you do?

I hated T3 so much.
I really hated the bathroom fight scene towards the end. Why have 2 machines from the future fight it out in the men's bathroom? I totally sighed out loud when he slam dunked her into a toilet.

I really hated the bathroom fight scene towards the end. Why have 2 machines from the future fight it out in the men's bathroom?

I totally sighed out loud when he slam dunked her into a toilet.
My mom was sick of them fighting too lol, I think what got to her was the woman was carrying Arnold through stuff like a rocket launcher or something.Can't remember if she liked the movie or not. It was so forgettable.

My mom was sick of them fighting too lol, I think what got to her was the woman was carrying Arnold through stuff like a rocket launcher or something.Can't remember if she liked the movie or not. It was so forgettable.
I mostly just prefer to watch the first 2. The sequels are just bland by comparison and remind me how much better T-1 and T-2 are. I do agree with fans that the franchise should have been left alone after the conclusion of the second film. The wonder, the excitement, and awe really just doesn't get past the action from scenes like this in T-2:

Jingle All The Way 2
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child

Both of those movies were horrendous.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom