What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Worst job you've had?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

What's the worst job you've had?

Tell us about it?

Do you still work there?

Yelling John Krasinski GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

I'm debating what makes a job worse, the kind of work or workplace conditions/atmosphere. I'll mention both.

The worst kind of work I've done is waitressing. I've done it twice and both times as filler jobs until a better opportunity came along. I wasn't at either job for more than a few months. I hate people so customer service jobs are definitely not for me. It didn't help that I wasn't good at it.

The top contender for worst job based on work conditions is ironically a job I had on a horse farm. Ironic because I love horses and farm work. The people I worked for were friendly enough but underneath I don't think they liked me very much. Nothing I did was good enough or I was just doing it wrong all together. The pay was a joke and I didn't get regular days off. I had worked there for two months when I got run over by a horse and injured my lower back. I probably should have gone to the doctor but the owner figured it was better if I kept moving to keep it limber. I got a two hour lunch. I didn't stand up for myself, sucked it up and did my job.
After Christmas they took their show horses to Scottsdale, AZ and I was left alone to take care of the farm. One of the owners would help me feeding pastures horses in the morning. After two and a half months without a day off I was burned out and finally quit when they came back from Arizona at the end of February. I worked there for 10 months.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom