What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What goes first?

Speaks

Off Topix Veteran

If you were isolated in a dark room, no sunlight. The only source of light being blue light from your tv which stays on 24/7. Eat nothing but bugs, drink nothing but energy drinks, alcohol, and caffeinated drinks like coffee. And what’s on tv is a combination of propaganda and children’s cartoons all day, all night.

What would go first? Your body or your mind?

Probably your mind. :dontknow:

The body will deteriorate first, probably due to a lack of essential nutrients to maintain its health

Body for sure. But both at the same time.

Body, though when you're trapped with your own thoughts, it can lead to horrible things for certain people.

Depends how much body fat you had going into the situation, or if there are enough bugs to keep you nourished and sugar-laden energy drinks to keep sustaining you. I know people who spent years in isolation or concentration camps, etc, and later released.

I'm fairly certain my body is going first. I'm already weak to things like alcohol and caffeine as is (though they do help numb pain sometimes, so I don't hate them in that regard since I'm already in chronic pain)... but add to that eating nothing but bugs (which would take a while to get used to) amongst other things, and I highly doubt my body would survive. My mind would probably last longer, since I tend to be very easy to stimulate mentally and actually still like some kid's cartoons despite my age. Though... If I'm not allowed to mute and/or turn that dang TV off, I might lose my mind too. Or my body will go from a migraine before something else can take it.

Me? I'd wait until my jailer came in to check on me...put a choke hold on him then fight my way out. If I got shot dead in the process then it would be better than wasting away in that little room. Locking up the Mad Hatter is like locking up a Tasmanian devil or a wolverine, it won't end well for you....nope.:triniti:

P.S. My mind is already gone so no loss there.:!:

It would be both simultaneously. I know that over in North Korea they lock you up in a dark cell while having you crouch.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom