What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What do you love the most about forums?

No actual serious drama. Better moderation and not really toxic.

I like having something online that is separate from the real world. For example if I post something on my personal social media accounts, I'll have friends, family, etc asking me about it or commenting when they see me in person next time. On here I don't have to worry about that. More freedom.

I can't be myself in real life (IRL). In the past, it was worse; now it's a little better, but mostly people around me, especially in the past, always found something negative to say or do, no matter what. Their words and actions were toxic, even if I was just sitting quietly. After so long, it made me feel like they were right. So, I often acted as they wanted me to, not as myself. That's why I enjoy forums I can be more myself

If you compare them to other types of interactive places, they're more relaxed in terms of timing. You really have time to think through what you want to say, usually. I like that, since otherwise I get nervous more easily.

I can share opinions without the people responding knowing who I am in real life lol.

For me, it’s the personal connection I feel with fellow enthusiasts and the chance to dive deep into topics close to my heart. The learning and growth I experience here are unmatched, as I’m constantly exposed to new perspectives and insights. What’s more, the creative expression allowed in forums is liberating, giving me the freedom to articulate my thoughts without the pressure of likes or follows.

I can't be myself in real life (IRL). In the past, it was worse; now it's a little better, but mostly people around me, especially in the past, always found something negative to say or do, no matter what. Their words and actions were toxic, even if I was just sitting quietly. After so long, it made me feel like they were right. So, I often acted as they wanted me to, not as myself. That's why I enjoy forums I can be more myself

I just wanted to say that your message really resonated with me. It’s so important to have a space where you can truly be yourself, and I’m glad you’ve found that in forums. It’s amazing how these platforms allow us to express ourselves in ways we might not feel comfortable doing in real life. Keep embracing your true self and sharing your thoughts!

I have been using forums now for over 20 years and have been a member of many forums throughout those years. One of the things I would say I love the most about forums is that I can be social whilst being in my comfort zone. I suffer from social anxiety and being part of forums has helped me to stay socializing but feel comfortable whilst doing so.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom