What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What do you hate most about winter?

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

For some it's the big heating bills. For others they hate having to shovel snow. There are those who detest having to scrap ice off of their windshields. For me it's waking up to darkness. It ticks me off having to wait until the sun finally comes up and we have daylight. One can't get anything done in the dark.

Or maybe you're one of those weirdos that actually likes winter? :eek:

For others they hate having to shovel snow. There are those who detest having to scrap ice off of their windshields.
These two, probably. Fortunately, we've had a mild winter this year so no shovelling has been needed (Actually, I did shovel my walk and part of my driveway once but it was only because I was expecting my new kitchen countertops that day. Otherwise, could have left it to melt when the weather warmed up a day or two later.). Did have to brush and scrape my car windows a couple times but less often than usual.

Winters aren't too harsh here, but we still feel the chill because our houses aren't well insulated, and the windows aren't great either.
In winter, standing by a window gives you that extra shiver, and the floor feels like ice in those spots.

We have to keep the heating on 24/7 just to stay cozy, but even then, the warmth doesn't stick around for long once it's turned off. What I dislike most about winter is the constant need to have the heating on to maintain comfort at home.
The same issue occurs during summer, but in reverse, which seriously hikes up the bills.

So, I have to Say the bill

I just don't do well with cold temperatures. On the other hand, I do like a number of things. The dry air is a nice change of pace, since humid heat is my arch nemesis I am accustomed to having to deal with in summer. There's also the whole 'less light' part. Most people hate that, but as someone with constant migraines... Less sunlight is nice for me, because it makes my head hurt less. :)

That said, I'm really bad with the cold. I don't go out much anyway, but dang. I am weak to extreme temperatures and also hate icy ground with a passion. So yeah... Winter can have its good points, but I'm still not much of a fan.

The dry air is a nice change of pace, since humid heat is my arch nemesis I am accustomed to having to deal with in summer.
Yeah, I'm very much not fond of humidity. Here I'm a wreck if the temperature gets much above the mid-20s Celsius due to the humidity (we're sandwiched between two of the Great Lakes) but I was happily hiking in the mid-30s in the desert a few years back since the lack of humidity meant the heat also bothered me less.

I love living in a place that has distinct four seasons; so, for me, winter is mostly a good thing. But, I really do hate having to get around outside on icy surfaces........hate single digits. Fortunately, the single-digit stuff does not usually last very long.

For me it's the cold. Where I live it's not uncommon for temps to drop below -30C and I hate it with a passion. I'm an outdoors person and you can't do anything outdoors when it's that cold.

Yeah, I'm very much not fond of humidity. Here I'm a wreck if the temperature gets much above the mid-20s Celsius due to the humidity (we're sandwiched between two of the Great Lakes) but I was happily hiking in the mid-30s in the desert a few years back since the lack of humidity meant the heat also bothered me less.
Oh, I totally get that. When I was dating my ex while he lived in Arizona, I visited him a couple times. Unlike New Jersey, Arizona is extremely hotter- but a lot less humid. My body loved it so, so much. Humidity is horrible with my health problems. That dry, dry heat- best heat I ever had to deal with, even though it was far higher than I ever had to before.

Winter is one of the seasons I dislike the most due to the darker nights, it always feels as though the nights last so much longer, and with the cold too, just not a fun time for me.

That it ends. I don't mind spring and I love fall. Summer is the worst.

Where I live it doesn't get too cold so winters are mild. I like them.

No snow here.

So.... I cant ever build a snowman :bigcry:

mostly its the fact that its the middle of april and still cold out, and that we had a snowstorm a week ago, now we have to fit spring, summer and fall in 6 months before another grueling winter. i feel like i might as well live in Antarctica at this point so i'm really just over it

The ice. Apart from that, I love it.

Icy roads. Yuck. And everything outside is dead, pretty much.

I hate winter because...
Cold

Icy road conditions

Clearing snow from my school bus, suv, or my driveway.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom