What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

There Goes Tony Khan, Fearing For His Life Again...

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

Quoting from the post there on the Jim Cornette sub-Reddit...
One thing that stood out: Taven came up to an older lady (I'd say mid 60s) and started working on her, having some fun with it. He did the "I'm begging you to hit me!" type gesture and she gave him a love tap. I know, don't touch the wrestlers, but Taven sold it, Referee Aubrey came over and played it up and apologized to the fan for Taven's behaviuor (in kayfabe). The woman took a bow to the crowd and everyone clapped for her.

The next match started, Jay Lethal rolled out and played to her again, she was so excited and starting giving it back to him, just playful banter.

A few moments later a roided out freak with the reddest baldest head I've ever seen in my life came up to her and told her she is kicked out for "assaulting one of my wrestlers". They could have easily let her off with a warning, she was the typical "granny" at a wrestling show, something beloved here in Winnipeg. Everyone in my floor section was baffled and silent after. I overheard the security taking her name and info to ban her from future events. Again, I know, don't touch the wrestlers, but... c'mon... later on Isaiah Kassidy slapped a guys hat off, so maybe we should just have a "don't touch each other" rule?
Now @Dead2009, I get that fans aren't supposed to touch the wrestlers but given the above, surely TK and whoever runs AEW security could've handled it maybe a little bit better? Then again, according to the same post,
it was nice out, and there were 4000 fans in a 16,000 seat arena.

Canada Life Centre seats 16k and AEW couldn't get to even 25% capacity?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Canadian Lol GIF

Last edited:
They kicked a granny?! Come on now, you can't kick her out, she was having fun, they were having fun, the audience was having fun. Let it go!

They kicked a granny?! Come on now, you can't kick her out, she was having fun, they were having fun, the audience was having fun. Let it go!
Talk about a buzzkill...and that's long before Buzzkill Jericho and his Learning Tree schtick match.

I'm still ;laughing at the '4,000 attendance at a 16k arena' bit.... :LOL:

That sounds more like a security issue than a TK issue...

That sounds more like a security issue than a TK issue...
Yes, if its' the venue's security.
By the accounts above, it was AEW security, which means its' a TK issue.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom