What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

The worst food you have eaten?

Shortie

Dedicated Member

I love my food and I am someone who enjoys food with a lot of flavour but there are some foods I just can't get past and I tend to avoid them at all costs.

One food I would say I hate the most and something I would never touch again would be Marmite or Vegemite as some places call it.

What would you say is the worst food you have eaten?

I've eaten stuff with tentacles, the inside parts of critters of every sort, funny looking vegetation, and fruit that had gone way past its "best if used by...." date, and sushi that would never pass Morimoto's test.

It's all been fried, roasted, raw, steamed, grilled, stewed, whatever.

And been from everything from truck stops up to one Michelin starred restaurant.

Hands down, the worst thing I've ever intentionally eaten under the general banner of "food" was:

Poi

1387054069409.jpeg

Tasteless.

Texture-less.

It didn't even have a notable smell.

And what I had was SUPPOSED to be some of the best available on the Big Island.

A couple of the locals thought it was wonderful and were dipping two fingers at a time in their bowl and eating it with gusto.

Mushrooms. I hate the taste and the texture.

I'd have to say that my most hated food would be broccoli and cheese.

Lychees.

I don't think I've ever encountered a dish that I would label as the worst food.

For me, it's about personal preference rather than labeling something as inherently bad. Take cheese, for example I may not enjoy it, (for many reason) or most types of cheese for that matter, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're the worst

I've tried a lot of things that some people might consider bad, but to me, it's all about perspective.

For instance, I've enjoyed dishes like snails and various animal organs like liver. Everyone's taste preferences are different

I really don't like plantains. :(

i'm a picky eater and i eat what i'm used to, but when i was a chef at a sea food place, they had fried livers on the menu... and of course i had to "taste" it and it is horrific...

i'm a picky eater and i eat what i'm used to, but when i was a chef at a sea food place, they had fried livers on the menu... and of course i had to "taste" it and it is horrific...
Now I want to go and get some to cook. It's been a very long time. :)

Now I want to go and get some to cook. It's been a very long time. :)
Good idea! I have not had pan-fried chicken livers for a while now. I love pan-fried chicken livers. Also beef liver if it's not overcooked. :D

Good idea! I have not had pan-fried chicken livers for a while now. I love pan-fried chicken livers. Also beef liver if it's not overcooked. :D
sound great. :dance2: Are good in soups also

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom