What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Should there be harsher sentencing on pedophiles?

MrDawn

Off Topix Legend

Do you think the law system in the United States should be much harsher on child molesters instead of giving them 5 years or suspending their sentence?

Sentences are often suspended not just for crimes such as sexually touching a child, which carries jail time of 180 days. In dozens of cases, adult offenders facing years in prison received suspended sentences. The case files, in which the sex of the victims and other details are commonly withheld, include:

• Alfred Jerome Dockery, charged with sexually penetrating a 14-year-old, was sentenced to 42 months in prison. Judge Geoffrey M. Alprin suspended the entire sentence.
  • Dominique Anthony Annice, in her early 30s at the time, charged with sexually abusing a 6-year-old. After being sentenced to 30 months in prison, Judge Robert E. Morin suspended her sentence.
  • Melvin L. Cromer, who according to the charge “engaged in a sexual act” with a 14-year-old and was sentenced to 60 months in prison. Judge Erik P. Christian suspended his sentence.
  • John Anthony, who according to the charge had anal sex with a 10-year-old girl, was initially charged with first-degree child sex abuse. After pleading guilty to a lower charge, he was sentenced to 60 months in prison. But Judge Wendell P. Gardner suspended almost the entire sentence, and Anthony only had to serve six months.

Yes it should be much harsher IMO. Most of these people get caught and once they're out of jail, the go back to doing these unthinkable acts. I think we should use these people as test subjects for drugs and products rather than testing on animals. Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but to me these people are not human.

You just gotta be a profoundly sick individual to do this stuff to kids, but some kids might lie, but probably not and evidence is convincing.

Anyhow, I think the problem is with people who feel they have the right to abuse people, generally, like steal, beat, whatever. You see this entitlement/superiority with wife beater types.

Last edited:
I'd say, depends on the circumstances. You can be charged for rape if your girlfriend (or boyfriend) is underage and you're more than a certain amount of years older (I forgot how many exactly). Even if the gf (or bf) agreed, if the parents don't like you, you can be charged & convicted for rape (and probably "child molester"). I would say, that's unjust too if they were a couple for years before and the older partner came recently of age and is now suddenly charged. But definitely for really huge age differences, or where there's a power dynamics (stepparents, friends of parents, teachers, ...), they should not get away with a proverbial slap on the wrist. In case of physical proof (DNA traces, video recordings, ...) severe punishment, in case of proof through testimony only perhaps more towards at least make them do therapy. And higher sentences for repeat offenders.

Yes, very harsh. How could anyone even think to hurt a child? It's unfathomable so yeah, those that commit these atrocious acts should pay dearly.

When it comes to pedophiles, a common thing is that because a child was involved, everyone loses their minds and forgets any type of logic. "Cut off his balls", "rape him as revenge", "he should die", etc. and yes, I'm using he for all these examples because you never see people saying this shit about women pedophiles. (Specifically those teachers who rape their male students) Another common thing is exactly what I just mentioned, people act like committing a heinous crime means you lose your rights to being a human and all forms of punishment are justified.

I'm going to speak a truth that no one likes to hear and often times refuses to admit: Whether people like it or not, pedophiles are still human beings with rights. Committing "X" crime doesn't mean they forfeit their rights. No, Karen, he shouldn't be castrated because he did that. No, Karen #2, he shouldn't be executed for it.

Further, another truth no one likes to hear, pedophilia is a mental disorder. It doesn't justify anyone's actions, but it does help explain it. Do you really think someone wakes up one day and just decides to mess with kids? That shit is a literal sickness that NO ONE chose to have. It just blows my mind how barbaric people get when it comes to this topic. As if kid's lives are somehow more important than all the adult sexual abuse victims.

I'm going to speak a truth that no one likes to hear and often times refuses to admit
lol that reminds me of all of the religious debates I've been in and out of :p

Chuckling Patrick Stewart GIF by Golden Globes

When it comes to pedophiles, a common thing is that because a child was involved, everyone loses their minds and forgets any type of logic. "Cut off his balls", "rape him as revenge", "he should die", etc. and yes, I'm using he for all these examples because you never see people saying this shit about women pedophiles. (Specifically those teachers who rape their male students) Another common thing is exactly what I just mentioned, people act like committing a heinous crime means you lose your rights to being a human and all forms of punishment are justified.

I'm going to speak a truth that no one likes to hear and often times refuses to admit: Whether people like it or not, pedophiles are still human beings with rights. Committing "X" crime doesn't mean they forfeit their rights. No, Karen, he shouldn't be castrated because he did that. No, Karen #2, he shouldn't be executed for it.

Further, another truth no one likes to hear, pedophilia is a mental disorder. It doesn't justify anyone's actions, but it does help explain it. Do you really think someone wakes up one day and just decides to mess with kids? That shit is a literal sickness that NO ONE chose to have. It just blows my mind how barbaric people get when it comes to this topic. As if kid's lives are somehow more important than all the adult sexual abuse victims.
Whoa there buddy, you cannot say that in today's society, that's hate speech! After all, they are just minor attracted persons and there's a huge push to make it a normal sexual type.

In all seriousness, i agree to an extent. Do you really think anyone wakes up one day and does the heinous things that go on in the world? Do you just become a liar or a fraudster? No. You learn to do those heinous things. Just like people learn to do perverse things. If they were sexually abused I could see it being a mental disorder(and doesn't excuse it) but some people do these things who never were abused so I don't believe you can say every pedophile is mentally unstable. Some just do it because they are selfish and care not for others.

Last edited:
No. You learn to do those heinous things. Just like people learn to do perverse things. If they were sexually abused I could see it being a mental disorder(and doesn't excuse it) but some people do these things who never were abused so I don't believe you can say every pedophile is mentally unstable. Some just do it because they are selfish and care not for others.
^ this. Like you said, much of it is a learned behavior. My mom used to be a social worker for CPS. Kids who were molested by chomos repeated this behavior towards other children in the foster system and had to be placed in mental institutions because of it. I remember my mom and several CPS workers came to my school and removed this boy from class because he molested another boy on the bus. The victim's parents were pissed. The teachers and a police officer came into the school and gave a lecture on it.

Lock them up and throw away the key if they actually did something.

If they can resist their urges and never act on them then I suppose they should be allowed to function in society. You can't really punish someone for thinking terrible thoughts.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom