What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Pelosi: House Still In Play For Democrats

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

(The Guardian) Pelosi: Democrats 'still alive' in House race
Nancy Pelosi says Democrats are “still alive” in the race for control of the House of Representatives, but acknowledges the pathway to victory is narrow.

The speaker’s party needs 218 seats in Congress to retain control of the chamber, and currently has 203. Republicans, despite losing several seats they were expected to win handily, have 211 and are closing in on the majority. On CNN’s State of the Union just now, Pelosi was asked specifically about the loss of four House seats in usually reliably blue New York, and whether they would determine control of the chamber. Pelosi said: You cannot make sweeping overviews the day after the election, just every district at a time. Our message, people over politics, lower costs, bigger paychecks, safer communities, served us well in the rest of the country.

I want to salute President Biden for his campaign and President Obama, all of it raising the urgency of the election, and the awareness that people must vote and that they shouldn’t listen to those who say this is a foregone conclusion because of history, but it’s about the future and get out there and vote. We’re still alive. But again, the races are close.

Pelosi, 82, would not be drawn about her own future if Republicans take the House, despite hinting last week that the attack on her husband would influence her decision about whether to retire. House leadership elections are on 30 November. -- My members are asking me to consider [running], but that’s just through the eyes of the members. We are so completely focused on our political time… and not worrying about my future, but for the future for the American people.

But she said she was hurt by response to the attack, which included offensive mockery: It wasn’t just the attack, there was a Republican reaction to it which was disgraceful. An attack is horrible. Imagine how it feels to was the one who was the target, and my husband paying the price, and the traumatic effect on our family.

But that trauma is intensified by the ridiculous, disrespectful attitude that the Republicans had. There is no nobody disassociating themselves from the horrible response that they gave to it.

Looking back after the past two years, I'm wondering if the Demos' might actually take the House this go-round given the geniuses in charge of the House GOP at present... :LOL:

Nancy Pelosi
Oh....Pelosi, so glad you're gone. What a wicked witch you were.

wizard of oz GIF

It's possible. The current house is voting exactly like the democrats.
I guarantee you there are voters out there on the hustings who look at the House and think "What should I prefer, to be shot or to be hanged?"
That's how low an approval rating they have at present.

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans, my friend; say whatever you want about the Dems' (and God knows there's plenty to say) but at least their caucus doesn't have the look of a goat rodeo as the GOP side does. Voters want a lot of things, among them stability and unlike the Republican side, they can see the hint of stability on the Democrat side and those optics and perception are worth a couple of points nationally.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom