What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I have a Hangnail, ouch!

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Anyone ever get a hangnail?

Hangnails can cause a surprising amount of pain for how small they often are, especially if they’re infected.

I have one right now and my finger is swollen and hurts! Can’t really use a keyboard with a bandaid on my finger, I had time to go on a posting spree yesterday & catch up on posts but I just watched TV instead because typing was too awkward. Posting on my phone seems easy enough because I use my thumbs and those aren’t the affected fingers, still not as fast as a keyboard though.

Anyway I hope it clears up soon because I hate it. I tried poking my finger with a needle to pop the swollen area and drain it but it was too painful. Been researching other remedies. I guess soaking my finger in hot water for 20 minutes a couple times a day is a good one.

Off topic but check out the new show Fallout on Amazon prime, it’s great! :tv:

Anyone ever get a hangnail?

Hangnails can cause a surprising amount of pain for how small they often are, especially if they’re infected.

I have one right now and my finger is swollen and hurts! Can’t really use a keyboard with a bandaid on my finger, I had time to go on a posting spree yesterday & catch up on posts but I just watched TV instead because typing was too awkward. Posting on my phone seems easy enough because I use my thumbs and those aren’t the affected fingers, still not as fast as a keyboard though.

Anyway I hope it clears up soon because I hate it. I tried poking my finger with a needle to pop the swollen area and drain it but it was too painful. Been researching other remedies. I guess soaking my finger in hot water for 20 minutes a couple times a day is a good one.
Oh damn. I've had the same thing happen to me too. Hope it clears up soon.

Off topic but check out the new show Fallout on Amazon prime, it’s great! :tv:

I heard it's doing really well. It even got good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.

I sadly get these all the time, they're no fun at all! Hope yours heals up quickly!!

Fallout -- watched episode 1, it's VERY good!

Better question: When do I not have them? I feel like I just have them constantly, especially on certain fingers. I literally just realized I have one on my left hand's middle finger again... and one is starting to grow on my right's ring finger, too.

I just cut them off. However it still hurts so much.

Oh damn. I've had the same thing happen to me too. Hope it clears up soon.
I sadly get these all the time, they're no fun at all! Hope yours heals up quickly!!

Thanks :gh: Its much better today. Almost cleared up. Been putting antibiotic ointment on it and bandaging it the last couple days.

I heard it's doing really well. It even got good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.

Watch it :D

Fallout -- watched episode 1, it's VERY good!

Only one episode?

Better question: When do I not have them? I feel like I just have them constantly, especially on certain fingers. I literally just realized I have one on my left hand's middle finger again... and one is starting to grow on my right's ring finger, too.

Aww, thats no fun :hug:

I just cut them off. However it still hurts so much.

Yes!

Ugh the one on my middle finger on my left hand has gotten to the point I definitely need to cut it down. ;-; It hurts when I touch it now.
Maybe I should stop just leaving them until they hurt? But they just seem to come back either way.

I love how long it took me to notice @Nebulous mention using ointment and a bandage for his hangnails. As in just now seeing MrDawn reply to it. xD
But... That's a smart method. I don't use it anymore because I get hangnails so often and we have enough reasons we need to overstock on bandages without that. But I should really at least put ointent on more often after I cut them down with a cuticle scissor...

The best thing to do about a hangnail is to cut it off as soon as you notice it, while it's still very small. Make sure to cut it as close to the skin as possible and avoid leaving any part of it behind. Never pull hangnails off, as this can lead to infection. By taking care of them promptly, you can prevent them from becoming painful or causing further issues.

Sadly I don't have much time to watch many more :(

Make time! :D

Ugh the one on my middle finger on my left hand has gotten to the point I definitely need to cut it down. ;-; It hurts when I touch it now.
Maybe I should stop just leaving them until they hurt? But they just seem to come back either way.

Aww, hope it gets better soon :hug:

Well, if it still hurts we can get @Webster to fix it for you. :p

Its all good now!

I love how long it took me to notice @Nebulous mention using ointment and a bandage for his hangnails. As in just now seeing MrDawn reply to it. xD
But... That's a smart method. I don't use it anymore because I get hangnails so often and we have enough reasons we need to overstock on bandages without that. But I should really at least put ointent on more often after I cut them down with a cuticle scissor...

I heard that soaking your infected finger in hot water mixed with salt can help too. 20 minutes at a time / 2 - 5 times a day until better.

The best thing to do about a hangnail is to cut it off as soon as you notice it, while it's still very small. Make sure to cut it as close to the skin as possible and avoid leaving any part of it behind. Never pull hangnails off, as this can lead to infection. By taking care of them promptly, you can prevent them from becoming painful or causing further issues.

Good advice!

I don’t really get them often I think. I get ingrown toenails more. XD Usually if I cut my nails too short. Always the same toe too.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom