What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How to deal with delusional people?

The Raven

In my life I have encountered delusional people, as anybody else did. Some people are delusional because they refuse to accept truth, reality for it will be painful for them. For instance, a man who doesn't have job does nothing to find it. If you would to say "You are lazy" he would be upset and answer "There is no job for me". It's a delusion people tend to believe if said enough times.

On the other hand, you got western new age genders and stuff like that where delusional people see themselves differently. Now, how to deal with that?

How do I deal with them? I just nod, smile and get away from them. There is no point in trying to entertain anything they say.

Now, how to deal with that?

You cannot change people's beliefs no matter how much admissible evidence you demonstrate or how compelling you think your arguments are. Sadly, that is something they have to decide for themselves. Kind of like that saying "You can lead someone to water, but you can't make them drink". I have learned to stay out of a lot of debates based on seeing how committed people are with their beliefs. Even if you do debate with them and it becomes very circular, at some point you just have to walk away. Not just that, but because you're not getting any where with them and they're not getting any where with you on whether which one of you is right and which one of you is wrong.

I've learned that truth doesn't matter when people aren't willing to see. Even going along with what they think will only end up in more mess. So, just avoid at all costs.

Best to ignore those who are delusional, but if we're being honest everyone is going to have a different view of what being delusional is. Some people use this term for those who are far from being delusional, then there are the truly delusional people who need help from professionals. It is true about those who are jobless but don't really do much to try and get a job, they make up excuses. Anyone can get a job at fast food, it's not glorious but it's something that makes ends meet. If they are disabled they could get help, either get a job at a skills center that helps people with disabilities or if it's too severe and they can't work then they could potentially get disability checks.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom