What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Game(s) you quit playing?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

What are some games you got burned out on and quite playing? What lead up to it?

Burned out because they were trashy. Saints Row, gasp, Reboot. It was trash. Nothing like the earlier games of the franchise. Enchanted Arms, hot trash too. Characters suck especially the main blockhead character. The Last Remnant. Story made no sense to me. Characters all sucked. I quit at the final battle. No regrets.
Trinity Trigger, repetitive. Boring.

i stopped playing Destiny 2 i hated the grinding and the challenges and i hated powercap resetting all the time

I quit playing the first 3 Devil May Cry and a majority of the Final Fantasy games due to being burned out on them. I played those games for almost 18+ years and I'm just done. I don't get any enjoyment out of them anymore.

Um, a number of them... But I'm just generally the type who drops games after a while and then picks them back up again later on and off regularly. Like Animal Crossing. You wouldn't believe how many times I've dropped that and restarted like months later. Pokemon sometimes, too (though usually don't restart with these, I did recently start Pokemon Sun).

A more common one that happens with me is MMOs though. I was really enjoying Palia before I got my mac. Then I got my mac and found out it wouldn't work on here... And was just like, "I'll play it when I feel like it even if it means stealing dad's computer for a bit." -- haven't played it pretty much at all since early January when I got used to just using the Mac.

I've also dropped a number of life/farm sims that I just got tired of. For example... Dreamlight Valley just didn't really do anything for me, so I stopped playing it pretty quickly. Sun Haven I drop off and pick back up pretty regularly. It's basically just how I am: I get tired of things for a while, then return to them later.

Only games I can think of that I just dropped completely was Trace Memory. It was a DS game that scared the shit out of me because I had too much in common personally with the heroine. They remade it with its sequel for Switch and gave it the title Another Code: Recollection, named based on the Japanese title rather than the English one I grew up with. I might try it again if I ever get a Switch, now that I'm more able to handle the idea that it's just a bunch of coincidences that freaked me out. (For those curious, it's a point and click adventure/puzzle game.)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom