What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Fallout (2024)

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Anyone going to watch this when it comes out?

πŸͺ™

Last edited by a moderator:
no only fallout game i played was Fallout: New Vegas

nope cause i only played one game of the game series

I guess I'm different lol. I didn't like the game "The Last of Us", but I really enjoyed it's HBO counterpart. I have learned that most shows and movies based on video games or books don't often follow the source material anyway. Another example of me watching a movie franchise and not paying attention to the games or playing them would be Resident Evil. I only played the 4th one and didn't care for it all that much, but still watched the film series starring Milla Jovovich. As badly rated as most of the films were, I found enjoyment from the first 3 movies.

I didn’t play the games but the show looks cool! I’ll watch for sure.

I didn’t play the games but the show looks cool! I’ll watch for sure.

Same. I'm looking forward to it as well. Fallout has a lot of interesting lore so it will be fun to see how it plays out.

To be honest, I never thought they'd make a show.

Same. I'm looking forward to it as well. Fallout has a lot of interesting lore so it will be fun to see how it plays out.

To be honest, I never thought they'd make a show.
that happen when they made halo i didnt know they were gonna make halo cause its hard to make a tv show about a video game

that happen when they made halo i didnt know they were gonna make halo cause its hard to make a tv show about a video game
Since this show was a raging success, Fallout 76 has blown up. I will say that I've never bothered with F76 because I'm not a big big fan of online MMO's. I've always stuck to the single player games like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.

Fallout 76 saw a huge spike in players over the weekend, breaking its concurrent player count record on Steam. At its peak, 39,455 fans were playing at once, and this only accounts for those on PC via Steam.

This increase in players unsurprisingly coincides with the premiere of the Fallout show on Prime Video, reigniting interest in Bethesda's once-controversial MMO. It remains to be seen if these players stick around, but in any case, it demonstrates that the show is bringing fans over to the games, as we've seen with other video game adaptations.

According to SteamDB, Fallout 76 was averaging a concurrent player count of a little under 10,000 before the show. This often crept into five figures as the show drew closer, but increased dramatically after the premiere. Even right now, early on a Monday, there are 18,186 players at the time of writing.

As we reported previously, the success of the show is also helping the single-player Fallout games. This has only improved further since we last covered the story, with 83,491 players picking up Fallout 4 over the weekend, on top of 19,505 fans playing New Vegas. The latter will probably climb even further too, given the ending of Fallout's first season. Even the first Fallout game, often left out of playthroughs of the series, has picked up more than a couple of thousand players, a huge increase from before the show was released.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom