What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Evening Dinners

ElegantAura

Off the wall
Elite Member

About your evening dinner routines.
How far in advance do you usually plan out your dinners?
Are you the type to meticulously plan your meals for the week, or do you prefer a more spontaneous approach?

Ok to answer also :)

Sometimes i don't always plan them, but there's usually some kind of plan. When I go grocery shopping each week, I decide what I'll eat for the whole week beforehand.
If something comes up unexpectedly, I can switch things around because I can make so many different dishes.

If something's defrosting, I plan at least a day ahead. So, I always have a general idea from the day before, especially with things like veggies that don't last long.

In the past, I used to plan every meal. Plus, I've got plenty of food stocked up at home. Even if I don't have a specific plan, I've got more than one freezer, and there's another cupboard full of food that lasts a long time in the spare room. But like I said, there's always some kind of plan.

If I were on my own, you can bet my plan would be on point, though:p

About your evening dinner routines.
How far in advance do you usually plan out your dinners?
Are you the type to meticulously plan your meals for the week, or do you prefer a more spontaneous approach?
Spontaneous approach given our work schedules. If I'm off, I'll be like "I'm making a salad or salmon today." so I will prepare from that morning then have what I need done and in the evening just cook.

My partner usually plans out the meals. He'll leave cuts of meat and various ingredients he's gathered from the grocery store in the fridge (usually enough for a week) and come dinner time, he'll have all the things he needs to whip up something good.

I tend to be quite spontaneous with my dinner plans. There’s something exciting about deciding what to eat based on what I’m craving at the moment. I love the freedom of whipping up a meal with whatever ingredients I have on hand or grabbing a bite from a local eatery if I’m not in the mood to cook. Planning meals too far in advance feels a bit too rigid for my taste. Plus, I find that my appetite changes day by day, so what I plan on Sunday might not be what I’m eager to eat by Wednesday!

You're right, planning too far ahead can be challenging and inflexible. However, keeping a well-stocked kitchen simplifies cooking, as you don’t need to plan much with so many ingredients at your fingertips. :)
I tend to be quite spontaneous with my dinner plans. There’s something exciting about deciding what to eat based on what I’m craving at the moment. I love the freedom of whipping up a meal with whatever ingredients I have on hand or grabbing a bite from a local eatery if I’m not in the mood to cook. Planning meals too far in advance feels a bit too rigid for my taste. Plus, I find that my appetite changes day by day, so what I plan on Sunday might not be what I’m eager to eat by Wednesday!

You're right, planning too far ahead can be challenging and inflexible. However, keeping a well-stocked kitchen simplifies cooking, as you don’t need to plan much with so many ingredients at your fingertips. :)
I totally agree with you. A well-stocked kitchen is a game-changer, especially when you’re in the mood for some spontaneous cooking. It’s satisfying to whip up a meal with what you have on hand.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom