What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you use just one search engine?

NeoMetallix

I stopped using Google search and all Google products due to privacy concerns. I found LOTS of different search engines. Most are meta search engines which take results anonymously from the big ones but some have their own results.

My main ones are:
Brave Search

Presearch

SearX (this can be self-hosted relying on no big tech or paid servers)

But there are MANY more! Mojeek, SwissCows, Metager to name a few.

Last edited:
I use DuckDuckGo. I hate Google because it is a greedy corporate.

and... when it works....

It's French, so it spends a lot of time NOT working!

The only thing I use the terrible G search for is the maps. They are the best and most reliable out there now that expedia has tanked.

I use DuckDuckGo and a self-hosted SearxNG container.

I believe at the moment mine is set to use Bing when I search for anything and that is set by default. I have never thought to look for a new one that is not a top name company such as Google.

DuckDuckGo does sound interesting though so I may check that one out.

Google has been the search engine I have used for many years now and never thought to change to any other as I have never had issues using Google.

DuckDuckGo is one I keep hearing about though and does seem to be popular.

Google
But on my phone, I use more than one.

Usually just google. Sometimes I try using the other ones but I never stick to it.

I think I mostly use 3 search engines:

Ecosia (I like the idea of planting trees during my searches)
Duck Duck Go (for certain browsers/safety moments)
Google (when I'm lazy on my phone)

I've used Bing on my old PC too, but that was mostly 'cause it was the automatic one for my browser at the time. Once I switched browsers and remembered how to adjust the defaults, I switched to Ecosia and Google primarily. xD

Usually just google. Sometimes I try using the other ones but I never stick to it.
Same. I tried using Duck Duck Go and Yahoo more often, but like you said, I couldn't stick with it. It's just more convenient to use Google.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom