What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Are you able to trust?

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

I've always had issues with this. My parents did not promote a sense of trust or security in me when I was a small child growing up. Not having that base of trust that most people develop makes it near impossible for me to trust as an adult. While I do understand the why, I cannot seem to come up with the how.

I trust my best friend, my boss at work, my girlfriend, but not 100%. As to my dog he gets 100%.:rolleyes: Going through life not being able to trust others makes things tough. I become suspicious and at times defensive. I'll think when someone approaches me, "What do they want, what is their game?" It slowly drives people away because they can sense it.

Surely I can't be the only one here with trust issues? Anyone else, and if so how do you manage it?

Yeah, I can relate to that. It does seem to take too long for me to feel totally relaxed and trusting & open with people in general 'IRL'. In looking for a particular cause, or something/someone to blame....funny, that's hard to pin down.

My doctor literally described my personality disorder as, "your trust issues have warped your perception of the world to the point it's a disorder" essentially. Borderline Personality Disorder is basically just trust issues magnified to a heavy degree it seems? So... Yes. I definitely have trust issues. My trust issues are just a bit different, because the issue is I either trust you completely or I can't trust you at all- it's a very fine line, and very easy to cross back and forth. >w<

il_570xN.838322544_lux6.jpg.7d52a54c9f80efd7132ad87c0522ea6c.jpg

It takes me looooooooooooooong while to trust someone, even people I trust I give them some wiggle room. I don't think 100% of everything everyone says is 100% true. For example, I ask you how you are you say "good" even though you aren't because you don't want to talk about why you aren't good at that very moment.

I have really bad trust issues. It takes me an extremely long time time to start trusting others.

Surely I can't be the only one here with trust issues? Anyone else, and if so how do you manage it?
I've long had trust issues (having past neighbors who'd lie, cheat and steal from you will do that to a person).
I manage by trusting only a few close people.

I trust no one who is not family.

I trust no one who is not family.
I have to say that there are plenty of family members whom I mistrust. My half brother is shining example. He's screwed me over more times than I can count and caused me a ton of problems with my mom. Not only that, he's domestically violent.

It is difficult for me to do so but in my inner circle, yes. This does not include my father nor my brother, other family, etc.

I believe in trust, but there are certain things I'll always keep to myself. Some things are best left unsaid, as there's always a risk they could be used against you someday.

That's why I trust people up to a point I may get upset if they reveal something. However, it won't be something that keeps me up at night.

It's just that I won't consider them a friend anymore.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom