What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Another Sydney Stabbing

DrLeftover

Forum Curmudgeon (certified)
Elite Member

Horrified worshippers watch online and in person as a bishop is stabbed at a church in Sydney​

SYDNEY (AP) — Horrified worshippers watched online and in person as a 15-year-old boy stabbed a bishop and a priest during a church service in Sydney on Monday evening before the congregation overpowered him, police said.

A crowd of hundreds seeking revenge gathered outside the Orthodox Assyrian church, hurling bricks and bottles, injuring police officers and preventing police from taking the teen outside, officials said.
more:

We need some common sense knife laws, should ban all assault knives, and allow people to sue the knife companies rather than the person responsible.
There's just one problem with your suggestion. Only law abiding citizens would follow these laws, criminals won't. Take away guns and knives....okay...people will still find a way to get a hold of them or find another means to commit murder. Where there's a will, there's a way.

There's just one problem with your suggestion. Only law abiding citizens would follow these laws, criminals won't. Take away guns and knives....okay...people will still find a way to get a hold of them or find another means to commit murder. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Agreed. I should have put /s

Also lol! The Guardian newspaper reported on the brutal stabbing of Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel in Sydney that was caught on camera by saying the victim was “allegedly stabbed.”

15 years old? I wonder what happened for him to stab 2 people.

If you ban guns, people will use knives to kill.
Ban knives, people use hammers.
Ban hammers, cars.
Cars, chainsaws.
If you ban chainsaws, they'll use bowling pins.
Kind of like how the prison system banned shivs, but prisoners make them anyway. This tells me that even if we illegalize weapons, there will always be people out there who will make and sell them to people who really want them.

Kind of like how the prison system banned shivs, but prisoners make them anyway. This tells me that even if we illegalize weapons, there will always be people out there who will make and sell them to people who really want them.

Or hijack an airplane and fly it into a building.

Those who want to kill. Will.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom