What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Animals From Space

Juneberry

Friendly Alien

I've shared this a few places, but wanted to share it here too. So... Someone in a discord server full of people I’ve known since I was a smol bean (meaning they've known me for like 20 years) started an interesting conversation.

Friend 1: Ever imagine if one day we make first contact, and it turns out one of the weird animal species on Earth is just an alien species the galaxy kicked out? Any bet on which it is? I’d bet dolphins.

Me: Dolphins makes sense to a degree, but… I’m going with cows. After all, a common idea people bring up is cows being abducted for some reason. Maybe they’re being abducted because their alien brethren that exiled them changed their minds or feel bad about it. (My normal answer though would just be my family for reasons)

Another friend: Why not sharks? Sharks are sea puppies.

Me: …Using that as a base mixed with my earlier answer… maybe Manatees? They’re sea cows, after all.

There were more responses (mostly one person saying dolphins scare them or another pointing out manatees are adorable to me after the fact) but this was the fun part I wanted to share. But what do you guys think? What animal would YOU guess?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom