What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

4 officers killed in North Carolina shooting

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Your thoughts?

Local officials and community members came together Tuesday night to honor the four law enforcement officers who were killed when gunfire erupted at a house in North Carolina, where authorities were trying to serve a warrant.

Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles stood at the pulpit of Little Rock A.M.E. Zion Church addressing a room of about 50 gathered for a prayer vigil the day after four law enforcement officers, including three on a U.S. Marshals Task Force, were killed and four other officers were injured in a shootout at a suburban home in east Charlotte. The suspect who fired at officers was fatally shot on the lawn of the house, while two other people inside the home were later taken in for questioning.

"I have to say I make no apologies for my tears," Lyles said during Tuesday's vigil. "What makes me whole is to be a genuine leader in this community, who’s not afraid to show vulnerability when it’s necessary and needed."

Lyles thanked the law enforcement officers who stood outside the hospital in the aftermath of the shooting, the medical professionals who helped the injured, and the clergy that "guided the families through the kinds of turmoil and disbelief that all was taking place at the same time."

The mayor said the most difficult experience was when Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Officer Joshua Eyer died from his injuries, noting that he was married and had a 3-year-old son.

"Our challenge to this community is take make sure that 3-year-old son grows up knowing his dad," Lyles said. "His dad was a law enforcement officer, he was a hero, he was someone that we should be proud to know and speak of."

Your thoughts?
About the only thing I can say that's safe for public consumption is that its a good thing the alleged shooter is dead 'cause if he weren't, those cops in Charlotte would beat the holy fuck outta him until he wished he were dead....and that's before the Feds got their hands on him.

About the only thing I can say that's safe for public consumption is that its a good thing the alleged shooter is dead 'cause if he weren't, those cops in Charlotte would beat the holy fuck outta him until he wished he were dead....and that's before the Feds got their hands on him.
Too bad that wasn't the other way around here...

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom